22 March 2011

The other day we were downtown and happened to park close to the bridal shop. It has amazing huge windows out front with displays of satin, tulle, beads and chiffon in every color that change every few days. 


Since we have a fashion and princess lover in our midst we had a mini mommy date and strolled over to admire the fabric delights. At one point Elin told me she thought I needed to come back later to buy one of the 'big white ones' for myself.  How great, for her and for me, to be able to tell her I already had one tucked away in the back of my closet. 


When we got home we pulled it out. I've evolved a lot since our wedding and I've questioned my choice of dress since then, thinking I should have opted for the short, vintage cocktail dress I had initially wanted, but seeing it again made all my doubts pass. It is a beautiful dress. It made me quite emotional actually.


And Elin loved it.  I can't wait for the day that I can let her try it on and even better see her in her own. 


Someday Wren will be big enough to take to the dress shop window and I'll love seeing how big her eyes get when I show her the princess dress that hides in the back of mommy's closet. 

1 comment:

  1. this made me cry, I thought the dress was beautiful at the time as was the young woman who wore it, after seeing the pictures I still think so. The little girl wearing the pretty blue veil looks just like her mom and I
    hope that I am around to see the day that she wears a dress as beautiful as her moms...love you Mom

    ReplyDelete