03 December 2010

three

Elin, 


This year has been a crazy one. You took on so much more responsibility than was fair for your third year. And I am so sorry. You were amazing though. AMAZING. And I am oh so proud of you Miss Ellie! 


You are a treat. A complex, confusing, delightful little treat. 


Let it be known that contrary to your dad's and my norm, you were no surprise. No, we knew how wonderful you would be and we were determined to bring you home to us. For months we dreamed of you. In those months of waiting my empty arms ached to hold you and my heart withstood more anticipation and disappointment than I thought it could bear. 


But then, finally, we got proof that you were alive. You were growing. You were on your way. My belly grew and there was no mistaking that there you were. 
























And now here you are. Three! Three years old! Where has the time gone? I see the evidence of the passing of time in your stretched out limbs, your (huge!) vocabulary, the length of your hair, your big attitude, the size of your clothes... but I cannot believe that you aren't my baby anymore. 


Sometimes I think about your fuzzy, full head of baby hair and your giant diapered bottom and I feel sad that those days are over. But I am ever so grateful to have had them at all. That they were mine to know. I am so humbled by God's goodness when I think you.


Happy Day to you Bubs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment