01 December 2010

christmas decorating

...it's begun.



To keep things interesting (and cost-effective) I've decided the only new decorations that go up this year need to be crafted out of a single pack of white cardstock or be fashioned from what I already have. Thankfully, I have a good stash of craft supplies, fabric, candles, twinkly lights and the such to supplement with. 


I would love to have a house filled to the brim with trees and lights and sparkly baubles. 


I would love to have the means to chose new decorations every year. 


I would love to never have to reuse last years tired looking (to me) things.


I would LOVE it. But with three kids, rent due, gifts to buy, groceries to get, trips to make and life to live, all on (less than) a pastor's (already meagre) salary, decorations take a back seat. 


And rightly so. Here's to the holidays with a little less store bought sparkle and a little more handcrafted warmth. I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment