10 August 2010

sliding

I don't feel old enough to be bringing my kids to the places I so vividly remembering frequenting as a kid.

It feels like yesterday that I was spending summer days at the waterslides near my hometown and now I have two kids who are smitten with the place and my belly is so round with a third that I can't even partake in the fun.

I love that Ephram and Elin didn't notice all the chipped paint and water marks and heaved concrete and overgrown weeds that I now see so blatantly. 


I'm sure that much of that was there when I was young but I don't remember it if it was. 


I love that they are building their own pure little memories in the places that form so many of mine.

I love seeing the joy on their faces and knowing exactly what they are feeling. 


























I love seeing them push their boundaries and pray that Rob and I remain able to give them as many opportunities as they need to get to the point where there are no more boundaries. 


I love their slowly browning skin and the sun bleached hair that reminds me so much of their aunts.


I love that a $3(!) ring pop can restore a waning good mood. 


I wish everyday could be like this.


I wish their dad could have been with us. 


I hope they never forget this because I know I can't.



  

1 comment:

  1. oh this brought tears to my eyes! Your photos capture your kids, the moment, so well.

    As always, well written. It brings me nostalgia to see the slides again too, and through your own kids' expressions.

    ReplyDelete