18 July 2010

a summer frock

In an effort to avoid actually accomplishing anything on my ever-growing to do list, I spent last night sewing up a new little summer frock for our suddenly very girly girl.








Dresses are the only thing that make the cut these days. Skirts are for days when ALL the dresses are dirty. And pants and shorts have yet to make an appearance this summer. If it wasn't for bathing suits and trips to the pool I would never get her out of these new found favorites.



I sewed this one up using this tutorial and a $3 remnant I found scrounging around Fabricland for some decent purple (after the little diva's request for a purple dress) fabric. She says this is white and purple but it's as close to purple as this mama is going to let her come. At least it's a break from all the pink I guess.  The tutorial and pattern were easy-peasy to follow, though I was surprised at how long it took to come together.  Ironing rounded hems just is not my forte I guess. Next time I think I would favor buttons over  snaps, but for now this fits the bill quite nicely.
If the new little one is anything like her sister, I forsee many, many more opportunities to perfect this little pattern. Such an odd thought still... two little girls in little dresses. Next summer will look so different than this. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I have piles of remnants from fabricland just waiting to be made into little dresses for my 3 girly girls....

    thankyou for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete