22 July 2010

the snuggler completed

I cannot wait to stuff this little swaddler full of little Wren goodness. This has been the most satisfying sewing project I've undertaken for awhile. So much so that I couldn't resist sewing up another for a little boy only days away from making his appearance. 


The second time around I added the velcro before piecing the snuggler together and I like the results much more when you can't see the stitching. I also decided to hand sew (like the pattern suggests) the opening closed instead of topstitching (like I decided would be easier) and the result is much cleaner as well. 


As pleasing as this project was, I'm sure it won't be long until I'm itching to revisit. I think my go-to baby gift has been found! 

1 comment:

  1. oh these are so sweet! Looking at them brings to mind all that is precious, and magical, and wonderful about those first 6 weeks with a newborn. Makes me sad we're done with that part...(although I'll certainly take the sleep now!)

    ReplyDelete