25 December 2009

Christmas


The gifts have been opened and the rice pudding has all been eaten (not nearly enough of it by me, however) and once again the whole shebang is done. 


check that off the list. 


I hate that this year Christmas felt like a thing to get done. That advent got lost in the all the painting and packing. That the decorations felt more in the way than beautiful. That sewing was forgotten and replaced with a whole lot of bought things. That baking was hurried. That wrapping was tedious. 


That it all came and went the way in the flurry of a big move. 




Thank God for his grace. 


That my family will share life with me tomorrow and not just on Christmas. 


That we have the means to eat well and give good gifts everyday.




That the thrill of hope isn't just for today and that in my weary world there is still much to rejoice over tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully phrased Sarah. I hope the move went well. And yes... I'm such a "sneaky thing." :) Glad I know this blog is here now! Merry Christmas to the 4 of you!

    ReplyDelete