09 June 2012

Staying still.

We are packing up and heading home in 20 days. 
20 days. 
And...
We have no house. 

Oh. My.
Oh. No.
Oh. ______. 

The story is long and I am weary of telling it at this point.
This week has been even longer and I need it to end. 

Who does this? 
I mean really, 3 kids, no 'real' job, no place to live.

Who does this?
I know other people do, but not me. Other braver people.

I like the steady. The predictable. The safe. 

But as it turns out, we're being asked to do this.

It feels like I'm caught in blankets that are wrapped up too tightly around me, but I can't actually imagine us in any other place or wish we were doing anything different. So I'm desperately trying to just stay still.

I read this tonight and felt peace come to places that have wanted to do anything but stay still these last few days.

So, if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which God presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the thing right in front of you. Look up and be alert to what is going on around Christ - that's where the action is. See things from his perspective.

Your old life is dead. Your new life, which is your real life - even though invisible to spectators is with Christ in God.  Colossians 3:1-3

In our old life we never would have done this. 

But now... now it's us.   
We do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment