30 April 2011

Retro Baseball Birthday Party

As it usually goes with parties there weren't many pictures taken, but I'll share what I did manage to get and give a little rundown of the details...




Invites
Food: 
regular ballpark fodder- hotdogs, garlic fries, popcorn, peanuts, watermelon, veggies & cupcakes


Games:
Musical Bases, Individual Baseball piƱatas (inspired by these), a modified version of the old ball game, and a super simple ball toss
Favors
Envelopes with old time-y candy, sunflower seeds,and a pack of vintage (if you consider 1991 vintage) baseball cards
All in all I think it went over well - some minor cupcake drama had me in a tizzy last night but icing covers a multitude of sins and now we have moved on to building new lego sets and untwisting those annoying packaging twist ties.  6 years gone and commemorated just like that...

4 comments:

  1. Looks like the day went well! Glad I was there at Easter and we celebrated his little life a little early! I love him dearly and look forward to see and be a part of the many more creative birthday parties to come!

    Love your blog and appreciate being able to keep up with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like all went well, glad we were able to help out with the preparations, although we didn't do to much, you did most of the work, it was fun helping out. He is a special little boy! I am sure he enjoyed his day very much....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so amazing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute! I suck at party planning, but this stuff is inspiring. thank you for your comment on my recent post...encouraging to know that it resonated with someone else.

    ps. i remember when ephram was born! the day leah became an auntie!

    ReplyDelete