12 February 2011

My kitchen aid.

I've found my attitude shifting in the kitchen these days. 
I've always loved having the kids in the kitchen but their actual level of involvement was pretty limited due mostly to my aversion to flour spilling everywhere, eggshells in my batters, and inaccurate measurements. 


My poor children.


I'm one of those people that, unrealistic as it is, loves the idea of having all my ingredients perfectly measured out in pretty bowls and measuring cups beforehand, a la Martha of course. I admit it, I've marveled at the way she can dump a pretty little cup of flour into her Kitchenaid (in the perfect shade of turquoise) backwards for the sake of the viewing audience and with no mess.  


Let it go Sarah. 
For the sake of my poor children. Let it go




And lately I've been doing just that. 
Ellie has been joining me in the kitchen, cracking eggs and chopping like a pro. She's flung her fair share of flour as well but all in all Kitchen Time has been far more enjoyable for all. 
And I figure if my kids can cook our favorites for us by the time they're twelve the mess now is worth it. 






*There was a lesson in proper cutting technique straight off the bat and my knives are embarrassingly dull so no reason to worry about little fingers!  

1 comment:

  1. great picture, love it.

    We used to do tonnes of baking and have gotten away from it abit lately, not sure why. Thanks for the encouragement. Let the flour fly again!

    ReplyDelete