23 February 2011

in the clouds

Feeling more than a little inspired by this room I took to cloud-ifying the kids bare walls.
Using this tutorial it came together easy peasy and, even though I think I will add afew more large clouds in the bare spots, I love how it turned out. 


1. Make starch mixture. I halved the recipe in the tutorial and still had way too much.


2. Make cloud (or any other shape you choose) template. You could just cut out the fabric but that proved a little fussy with the fabric shifting and trying to cut rounded shapes. 


3. Cut out fabric. I pinned like crazy to keep the edges as clean as possible. 


4. Soak fabric shape in (cooled) starch mixture.


5. Hang. No pictures here because it was difficult enough getting the clouds on the wall straight by myself. Picture taking would have just been ridiculous at this point. While this is definitely an easy project, if you have a partner for this part, it would cut down on the swearing for sure. 


6. Let dry. (Make a new duvet cover for the room out of a (super score!) thrifted chevron stripe twin sheet that looks brand new and is in a perfect color palate, while you wait. Or don't - that's just what I did.)
7. Admire. 


The room is still in progress so better pictures will follow when I get it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment