01 October 2010

getting ready for baby

 It's been quiet around here. I wish I could say I have been feverishly working to get things ready to bring a baby home, but truthfully I have just been tired. So painfully tired. Like, put a movie on the computer and pile the kids into my bed for the afternoon so that I can nap tired. 


I hate naps. I think I can count on one hand how many times I've napped while my babies napped. But here I am, and I will do what it takes to survive the next two (and a half) weeks. 
I cannot wait to feel like myself again. 


In the moments where wakefulness and energy actually meet I have been able to get some things done. I think everything is ticked off on my ABSOLUTELY necessary list, afew fun things have been finished, teeny tiny clothes have been bought, a meal plan has been made and I'm praying for enough energy next week to get together with a friend and execute some freezer fillers, plans have been made for family to come... We are getting there. We are probably closer to being 'ready' than I have given us credit for. 


It feels good to come to that realization. I should blog more often. 

homemade wipe solution
teeny clothes in simple sewn drawer dividers
a new boppy
newborn diapers, cloth diapers, and wipes
sweet little facecloths ready for squirmy newborn bath time
a peek at the new duvet and a sweet little thrift store find
nursery 



1 comment:

  1. oh! THANKYOU!

    I'm dying to be closer. Wish I could fill your freezer with lasagnas and bring over soup and all that stuff and hold your baby. Your baby!

    Sarah I can't wait. I'm so excited for you...you are so close.

    ReplyDelete