20 November 2009

christmas!
















oh dear, this old blog seems to have gotten away from me again.


things have been hectic. company and christmas prep. time off with husband and lots of work. soccer and preschool. a two year old.


anyway. christmas is in the air, even if snow isn't, and we are getting ready! boxes of decorations are waiting to be unpacked and new things are being sewn, folded, and dreamt up. i love christmas.


spread sheets for gifts and projects that will become gifts are being made and filled and changed everyday.


inspiration photos are cluttering up the computer desktop. (there are way too many options for especially appealing christmas trees)


lists of christmas baking are forming in my head and I am chomping at the bit to pull out sufjan's christmas album (even though #3 may never have been retired from last christmas).


truth be told, I could easily get caught up in all the unimportant bits, and forget about the REALLY important ones. so this year I hope to focus on the celebration more than the details. to take part in the party instead of hosting the party. 


it's my struggle year-round. being mary and not martha (this one and this one). i am never very good at letting go, but this year with two sets of fresh little eyes to see Christmas through, I hope I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment