25 September 2009

a word on sickness and health or i love my husband

I'm not one of those lucky sort of girls who got pregnant and glowed their way through the affair. not even close. instead I spent most of my days laid out on the bathroom floor between the frequent stomach emptyings I endured for the entire 40 weeks. 


and the whole time he was there. he was there when I went to bed at 7.30 every night for weeks. he was there when I cried because my throat was raw and my stomach hurt from all the heaving. he was there when we took the trip of a lifetime and then had to do and see everything alone. he was there when the leg cramps hit in the middle of the night. he was there when I begged for drive-thru. and then obliged me, even though he knew it would just come back up minutes after it was finished. he was there when I couldn't go to church with him, when I needed someone to sit with me during my (twice) daily baths, when I couldn't work, cook, clean or even talk some days. he was there when the contractions hit hard and all my shame went out the window in the efforts to meet our baby for the first time. 


and then he did it again.


and when it was all over he was still there. 


and now he is sick. it will only last for a day or two but he's sick. and i know what it's like to be sick, but I'm not so well versed at this side of things. and I am humbled at what he went through for me.


my heart if full of love and admiration for this husband of mine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment